Electronic Software Delivery
Product ID: 1692181 | Mfg Part #: 65281114Who's Eligible (Details)
Student, Faculty, StaffRetail: $449.00 SAVE $330.01 $118.99
Ships in 1-2 Business Days
Netop Vision Classroom Management
When you talk classroom management software, you're talking Vision. Teachers across the globe rely on it, and why? Because Vision offers tools for teaching that are easy to use, even for a first-time user. Classroom management has been proven to improve student achievement and it makes integrating technology in the classroom more intuitive - with a clean, simple toolbar that puts a rich variety of powerful tools in your hands.
Spend more time teaching and less time on everything else
Vision is your own personal classroom monitor. Keep an eye on everyone's work. Notice when someone's off task. Get everyone to the same place at the same time, so you can start the lesson. These are the tasks that good teaching depends on, but they take a lot of time and energy - and class time is limited. That's where Vision comes in.
Vision classroom computer management software lets you make the most of your time when integrating technology in the classroom. It gives you the tools you need to control sources of distraction, monitor student computers, get started without lost transition time and notice as soon as someone needs your help.
Ignite interest Communicate directly with your students, screen to screen. Whether you're sharing what's on your screen with the class, demonstrating a new skill or working with someone one-on-one, Vision student management software gives you a variety of ways to bridge the gap between your screen and theirs.
Focus attention Today, integrating school classroom management presents a challenge: how to focus your students' attention and keep them on task? Computer lab management with Vision helps you do just that, letting your students access certain websites and applications while restricting others. You also have the ability to monitor student computers effortlessly, just to be sure.
Improve grades According to an independent study, Vision classroom management software makes a significant, measurable difference in student achievement when teaching with technology: it actually improved student grades by a full letter step. What other software for schools can boast this? Try it free today.
Supervise students' work View an expandable thumbnail image of each student's screen on your computer, so you can follow their activities from your desk in real time.
Share your screen Give your students a full-screen view of your display, while locking their keyboards and mice. Need High-speed Screen Sharing?
Control students' Internet use Select which websites your class can view. Want to restrict sites, too? Vision Pro lets you customize every aspect of your students' Internet access.
Remote login In single sign-in environments such as your library or computer lab, Vision Pro lets you sign in or out of multiple computers, all at the same time.
Showcase students' screens Display what one student is doing on other students' computers: an excellent way to hold student demonstrations, presentations and spotlighting.
Launch applications Open a file, application or website remotely, in one move, for the whole class at once: simultaneous application launch saves a lot of class time.
Operate computers remotely Operate your students' computers without having to leave your desk. Help a student through a problem screen-to-screen, the moment you're needed.
Kiosk applications Working in Kiosk mode, your students can't exit the applications you've launched, open anything else, access the desktop or restart their computers.
Blank student screens Make classroom screens go blank in a click, locking students' keyboards and mice. Capture attention and stop all activity the instant you need to.
Share files between computers Send documents, collect tests and distribute assignments in your classroom instantaneously, without having to pass out any papers.
Manage from your iPad Teach from anywhere in your classroom with Vision Mobile, the new app for teachers that puts the full power of your PC onto your iPad.
Remote shutdown & wake-up Start, restart or turn off all the computers in your class (or just the ones you select) at one time, from your desk, saving valuable preparation time.
Dynamic screen annotation Netop Pointer gives you over 20 annotation tools to make your on-screen presentations come alive. Zoom, highlight, draw on screen and more.
Push-button control pad TeachPad (sold separately) is a five-button control pad that plugs into your computer's USB port, letting you operate Vision's core features with the push of a button.
Customize classroom view Label student screenshots and rearrange them on-screen, organizing your display to mirror where your students are seated in the room.
Chat with students Send and receive instant messages with a student, a group or the whole class, screen-to-screen. Communicate discreetly without disturbing others.
Survey students, take polls Conduct anonymous polls of your classroom to assess comprehension and gauge morale. The results return to you automatically in a pie chart.
Floating Toolbar Access key classroom management tools from the Floating Toolbar: an extremely intuitive, customizable interface unique to Vision & Vision Pro.
Vision Technical Specifications
Netop Vision and Netop Vision Pro work with all the latest Windows operating systems, and support both standard computer labs and mobile classrooms. Vision classroom management software is designed to work well in both wired and wireless environments.
System requirements for Vision and Vision Pro
The network must have the following minimum configuration:
- Wired Network - 10 Mbps full duplex; 100 Mbps or higher recommended
- Wireless Network - 802.11b; 802.11g recommended
- No filtering of multicast (IGMP) or broadcast UDP or TCP packets
- Vision traffic must not pass through more than four Internet working devices (four hops) that are 10 Mbps or higher
Computer and operating system requirements
The classroom computers must have the following minimum configuration:
- Teacher Operating System - Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista or XP Professional. 32-bit and 64-bit versions are supported. Note that the operating system must have the latest service pack from Microsoft installed. iPad support is also available for teachers, but requires the installation of Vision Mobile which is available at no charge with Vision Pro.
- Student Operation System - Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista or XP Professional. 32-bit and 64-bit versions are supported. Note that the operating system must have the latest service pack from Microsoft installed.
- Vision supports classrooms with a combination of operating systems
- Processor - 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- Memory - 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- Hard Disk - 150MB available hard-disk space
- Video Display - Any 100% VGA compatible graphics adapter supported by Windows
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7.0 or later (MS does not support IE6 anymore, neither do we)
Common applications that require hardware acceleration, for your reference
- Adobe Photoshop
- Artlantis Studio
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Autodesk Inventor
- Camtasia Studio
- Cinema 4D
- Common Point 4D
- Cubus 6
- Geomagic Studio
- Google Sketchup
- Google Earth
- Power DVD
- Revit Architecture
- Wufi Pro
Classroom management that works with school IT systems
Vision was designed with the needs of schools in mind, and the benefit of more than twelve years of experience in classroom management software. Although every school network is different, Vision was developed with a thorough understanding of the unique IT demands that schools face and an emphasis on ease of installation, use and maintenance. Some Vision features that are particularly important to school IT administrators include:
Best-in-class technical performance
- Advanced screen capture and transmission - Vision offers seamless, real-time transfers of screen activity from computer to computer
- Wake-on-LAN (WoL) - With Vision, an entire classroom can be remotely powered on, restarted, and powered off
- Effective remote control and demonstrations - Fluid screen sharing gives teachers the ability to remote control student machines effectively and with minimal lag time
Multiple installation paths
- Vision's classroom installer - Teachers with admin access can remotely install Vision across student computers
- Vision is MSI-compliant - Self-generated packets support remote deployment and imaging solutions to assist with large-scale installations
**Adaptable connectivity **
- Utilization of standard name recognition - Vision maintains connectivity without broadcasting across your network
- Flexible classroom configuration - The teacher-student connection is completely customizable and instantly changeable
- Extended classrooms - Vision supports communication across subnets and WANs
Enhanced wireless network support
- Optimized for mobile carts and laptops - Teachers simply select which individuals or groups to add to their classes
- Open enrollment - Schools can choose to allow students to connect to a class announced over their network
- Global classrooms - Vision allows administrators to create classrooms for use by multiple teachers
Easy for teachers to use
- Simple user interface - Intuitive controls and easy configuration help teachers quickly gain confidence using Vision
- Exclusive TeachPad - Key functions are easily accessed from a USB-connected push-button keypad
- Reduced IT demands - Our technical support works directly with your teachers
Training and support
- Online documentation and training materials - Our free training resources and on-line tutorials help your teachers become experts in using Vision
- Online knowledge base - We maintain a thorough library of resources for IT personnel
- Live support - A quick call connects you with our tech support team