Dragon NaturallySpeaking Premium 12.0 (Student/Teacher) (Win)
Product ID: 1547473
/ Mfg Part #: K609A-F02-12.0
Save $100.00 (50%)
Ships in 3-5 days
You may also be interested in...
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Premium Edition with FREE Noise-Cancelling Headset/Microphone
Nuance requires that upon receiving your software, you will be asked to contact the third-party academic verification organization, Identit-E, in order to complete your registration.
Dragon speech recognition software makes it easier for anyone to use your PC or Mac. You talk, and it types. Use your voice to create and edit documents or emails, launch applications, open files, control your mouse, and more. Quickly and easily capture your thoughts and ideas while Dragon helps you get more done faster.
Control Your Digital World by Voice
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Premium speech recognition software ignites new levels of personal productivity by letting you interact with your PC by voice. Say words and they appear on your computer scree - three times faster than typing - with no spelling mistakes. Launch applications, select menu items, open and close files, or switch from one window to another using simple voice commands. With Dragon Premium, you can speak your mind to:
- Dictate documents, spreadsheets and presentations
- Compose and send email
- Search the Web or your desktop
- Post to Facebook and Twitter
- Navigate and control your PC and applications
- Record notes using a digital voice recorder or a compatible iOS device for later transcription at your PC
Delivering an amazing experience right out of the box, Dragon Premium is easy to learn and simple to use. It includes everything you need to get started, including a step-by-step interactive tutorial and high-quality headset microphone. With Dragon Premium, you'll be able to interact with your PC comfortably to get more done faster for work, home, school or wherever life takes you.
Ignite Productivity with Fast, Accurate Dictation
- Say words and watch them appear on your computer screen — three times faster than typing — with up to 99% recognition accuracy right out of the box.
- Correcting or revising your dictated text is fast and simple, too. Natural-sounding Text-to-Speech reads editable text for easy proofing or multi-tasking. Dragon adapts to your voice and the words you use to deliver better recognition results over time.
- You can even personalize Dragon with your own custom vocabulary of acronyms, proper names and other unique phrases that you frequently use.
- Dragon can even adapt its format rules by detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers, and more — so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
Ignite Proficiency & Ease of Use Right Out of the Box
- Thanks to the new interactive tutorial’s simulations, you can learn and practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes.
- The Dragon Help system contains a Tip of the Day window and other easy ways for you to quickly learn what interests you.
- The Dragon Sidebar puts important voice commands and tips in one convenient desktop location.
- And on-screen help means information is always available when you need it.
Ignite Freedom and Comfort at Your PC
- Say goodbye to repetitive stress injuries. Use your PC in a comfortable, ergonomic way without being tied to your keyboard and mouse.
- Open applications or folders, select menu items, click or move the mouse, press keys, switch from one window to another and more using simple voice commands.
- Use the free Dragon Remote Mic app and use your Apple® iPhone®, iPad® or iPod® touch (4th gen) or your Android device as a wireless microphone over Wi-Fi for optimal convenience. Wideband Bluetooth support delivers outstanding wireless performance with no training required.
Ignite Convenience Using your Favorite Windows or Web Applications
- Use Dragon 12 Premium with virtually any Windows application.
- Dictate documents in Microsoft® Word, OpenOffice™ Writer, or Corel® WordPerfect®, work with spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel®, create presentation text in Microsoft PowerPoint®, manage email in Microsoft Outlook®, search the Web using Internet Explorer® or Mozilla® Firefox® or Google Chrome™, post to Facebook or Twitter, and more — all by voice.
- Dragon 12 Premium even enhances the experience of using your voice with two of the most popular web-based email applications — Gmail and Hotmail — offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions in Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 10 or higher, and Google Chrome 16 or higher.
Ignite Efficiency with Voice-Driven Multitasking
- Dragon Voice Shortcuts™ collapse common multi-step tasks into direct voice commands you can use at any time, no matter which applications are currently active. For example, say: “Send email to John Smith and Raphael Sanchez” or “Search maps for financial advisors in Boston, Massachusetts” or “search Google for 87 divided by 12” and Dragon makes it happen. You can also say “open top site for Facebook” and Dragon automatically opens the top-ranked page for these keywords.
- You can even use voice commands to create emails, schedule tasks and appointments, and search your computer faster than ever before.
Ignite Mobility for Productivity on the Go
- A free Dragon Recorder app lets you record high-quality audio files using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (4th gen).
- For more advanced recording functionality, dictate into a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder, and then have Dragon transcribe the audio files into text when you return to your PC.
- These mobile recording capabilities enable you to capture thoughts while they’re still fresh in your mind to produce detailed, high-quality reports, papers, proposals, meeting minutes, and more.
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
- CPU: We recommend 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. (Minimum 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel® Atom® processor). NOTE: Faster processors yield faster performance. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set is required)
- Processor Cache: We recommend 2 MB L2 cache. (Minimum: 512 KB L2 cache)
- Free hard disk space: 3.2 GB (4 GB for localized non-English versions)
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 and higher, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- RAM: We recommend 2 GB for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 32-bit, 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 64-bit. (Minimum: 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista and 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008.)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher for online help (free download at www.microsoft.com)
- Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 12 or higher, or Google Chrome 16 or higher are required in order to experience the enhanced capabilities in Gmail and Hotmail
- Sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- A DVD-ROM drive for installation
- A Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase). See details at support.nuance.com/compatibility/ (includes USB adapters and digital voice recorders).
Note: An Internet connection is required for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process).
*This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.