Student, Faculty, Staff
Electronic Software Delivery
Product ID: 1556101 | Mfg Part #: CCSTEWho's Eligible (Details)
Student, Faculty, StaffRetail: $50.00 SAVE $30.01 $19.99
NX 11 Learning Edition (64-bit) - Annual License (Electronic Software Delivery)
Please Note: Please make sure the correct HOSTID is provided, no change or update can be made once the software order is completed. There are no cancellations or refunds on this product.
Follow these directions to locate your Host ID:
If you have TCP/IP installed, run ipconfig/all from the Command Prompt window. Click Start, then Run, then type cmd in the text box. Type in ipconfig/all in the Command Prompt Window. The 12 digit Physical Address for your Ethernet Local Area Connection is the same as the host ID.
Authorized Apprentice Program must present a signed Apprentice Amendment to the Master License Agreement for a license will be issued.
NX Learning Edition: Smarter Decisions. Better Products
With new tools and expanded capabilities for design and manufacturing, NX 11 can help you make more informed decisions and develop more innovative products.
Leading edge performance for design and manufacturing
A comprehensive mechanical design and manufacturing solution, NX lets you choose the tools and methodologies that best suit your design challenge, and work directly with design data from other CAD systems. A unique assembly design and mockup environment, process specific design aids, drafting and 3D annotation help you work significantly faster than you would with general purpose CAD tools.
NX Learning Edition has most of the design features and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) capabilities of the retail version. Watermarks will be added to printed and plotted data to prevent the NX Learning Edition from being used for commercial work. In addition File->Export capabilities are blocked. NX Learning Edition can output 3D STL files commonly used for rapid prototyping and 3D printing. In addition CAM data will not be available for Post Processing, and the displayed output of tool path information will have limited precision.
Part files created in NX Learning Edition will not be able to be retrieved in the retail version, but can be retrieved in the full academic packages available to education establishments.
You will be able to develop the design skills needed for a successful career. By learning NX, you'll gain vital CAD/CAM skills that today's employers demand. With an NX background, you'll have a clear advantage in the industrial design, engineering or part manufacturing job markets.
Note: NX Learning Edition does not include NX CAE.
- Comprehensive 3D design tools including, wireframe, surface, solid and synchronous modeling.
- Sophisticated freeform shape modeling, surface continuity, analysis and visualization tools.
- Complete Assembly tools to allow development of product assemblies.
- 2D drafting and 3D annotation tools for effective documentation.
- Knowledge capture and automation tools.
- Ability to output to 3D printers
- Full suite of CAM programming tools to allow creation of NC data for 2 – 5 axis and wire-edm machine tools
- Toolpath visualization and verification tools to accurately depict behaviour of machine tools
- Fast efficient design creation
- Ability to create prismatic and freeform aesthetic product designs
- Visualization tools allow generation of high quality visual images of 3D models
- Standards compliant documentation tools to allow 2D drawings to be created from 3D designs
- Significant time savings through embedded knowledge re-use tools
- Integrated CAM allows manufacturing information to be generated from 3D models giving a clear understanding of the manufacturing process
Support for NX Learning Edition
Support for NX Learning Edition is available in the NX Student forum of the Siemens PLM Community.
- Operating System: 64 bit Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Memory: 2GB
- Language: English, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, French and German are included
- Size: 5.6 GB for the application, 5.0 GB for the documentation and training
- No software transfers between computers are allowed. If the student changes computers they must purchase a new license.
- Student Edition licenses are not eligible to receive technical telephone support (GTAC)
- Usage of the learning edition is intended for academic work, so files cannot be opened in commercial versions, and 2D drawings are watermarked, CAM data cannot be post-processed.
Additional Documentation Required for Purchase:
This software allows 1 install and the customer must supply the computer host ID upon purchase.
Finding your HostID – If you have TCP/IP installed Run ipconfig/all from a Command Prompt window:
- Click Start
- Select Run, this will open a text box.
- Type cmd in the text box and click enter. This will open a command prompt window.
- Type ipconfig/all in the Command Prompt Window.
Directions for Windows 7 Users:
- Click the Start Button.
- Select “Command Prompt”. This will open the Command Prompt window.
- Type ipconfig/all and click enter.
You should provide the physical address that is under the Ethernet adapter for your Local Area Connection.