FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced
Please Note: DVD is not included. Box includes a printed document with a link to download the installer and an install code.
Create innovative custom apps for your workplace.
- New user interface for importing data: More easily map imported source data to FileMaker fields using the new Import Field Mapping dialog box.
- Open specific app at launch: Provide better app discoverability for your users. Open a specific custom app when opening FileMaker Pro Advanced.
- File version comparison: Use a preview release script step to save a copy of a FileMaker file in XML format. Use the XML file to more easily compare changes between file versions.
- File-based script steps: Create scripts that read, write, and manage external data files to write log files or export data in a custom format.
- Script Error Logging: More easily debug your workflow automation. Use a preview script step to write information about script errors to a log file.
- While calculation function: Repeats logic while the condition is true, then returns the result; replacing the need for some recursive custom functions.
- SetRecursion calculation function: Sets the maximum number of iterations for recursion and loops within an expression. The default limit is 50,000 iterations, which can be lowered or raised using this function.
- New managed security access: New privilege allows developers to offload account access management to other team members without needing to provide full access to any other parts of the file.
- New Manage Security dialog box: The streamlined Manage Security dialog box makes managing access to your custom apps more efficient.
- Plug-in security enhancements: Using the Plug-in SDK, developers can digitally sign plug-ins. Notifications warn users before loading an unsigned plug-in.
- Default file access protection: Prevent other FileMaker files from accessing the data and schema in your custom app. The "Require full access privileges to use references to this file" is now enabled by default in newly created files.
- Start quickly: Create precisely the app you want using the intuitive graphical interface, flexible design tools, built-in Starter apps, and ready-to-use themes.
- Import existing data: Bring your existing data into a FileMaker app. Import data types such as .CSV, Tab, XML, ODBC, and Microsoft Excel files.
- Built-in reporting tools: Easily make summary reports, colorful charts, and executive dashboards using built-in reporting and charting tools. Save your information in popular Excel and PDF formats.
- Out-of-the-box security: Centralize your information and safely access data using proven encryption standards. Manage group or individual user privileges — even for a single field.
- Share with your team: Create custom apps that work together seamlessly across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web. Securely share your app with others using FileMaker Cloud for AWS or FileMaker Server. Learn more
- Integrate with other programs: Connect with other popular apps and web services through powerful REST APIs. And create live, 2-way connections with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and IBM DB2 data sources.
- Script Debugger: Instantly pinpoint problem areas in scripts and Script Triggers directly in the Script Workspace. Turn off Script Triggers when debugging to fine tune the troubleshooting process.
- Data Viewer: Monitor fields, variables, and calculations while troubleshooting.
- Database Encryption: Enable AES 256-bit encryption to protect data on FileMaker Cloud for AWS, FileMaker Server, or on a FileMaker client.
- Custom Menus: Create, change, or delete specific menu items or entire menu sets.
- Custom Functions: Build your own functions and copy, paste, or import them into any FileMaker file.
- Database Design Report: Run comprehensive reports on all elements of your database schema.
- Kiosk mode: Build applications where all menus are hidden.
Custom apps created using FileMaker Pro 12 and FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced (minimum) and later can be opened and used with FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced.
FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced can connect to the following hosts:
- FileMaker Server 18, 17, and 16
- FileMaker Pro 18, 17, and 16 Advanced
- FileMaker Pro 16
- FileMaker Cloud for AWS 1.18 and 1.17
The latest updates must be applied to the above software before hosting FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced apps.
Note that macOS Sierra 10.12 is no longer supported. Be sure to update your operating system before upgrading to FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced.
|Certified Operating System*|
|Windows 10 Pro Edition
Windows 10 Enterprise Edition
|32-bit and 64-bit
October 2018 Update
|Windows 8.1 Standard Edition
Windows 8.1 Pro Edition
|System updates 2919355 and 2999226|
|Windows 7 SP1 Professional Edition
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate Edition
|System update 2999226|
|macOS High Sierra 10.14|
|macOS Sierra 10.13|
*Version stated is the minimum requirement. FileMaker Pro Advanced may also work with later operating systems certified by FileMaker, Inc. Operating systems not listed in the table above have not been tested and are not supported.
Minimum Requirements Recommended Requirements
|Windows||CPU: 1 GHz or faster x86- or x64-bit processor
RAM: 1 GB
|CPU: 1 GHz or faster x86- or x64-bit processor
RAM: 2 GB or more
|Mac||RAM: 2 GB||RAM: 4 GB or more|
Remote Desktop Services and Citrix XenApp
Windows Remote Desktop Services and Citrix XenApp 7.16 supported on:
- Windows Server 2016 (with Desktop Experience)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (with system updates 2919355 and 2999226)
Remote Desktop Services clients supported on:
- Windows: Remote Desktop Services Client
- macOS: Microsoft Remote Desktop 10.2
Citrix ICA client minimum requirements*:
- Windows: Receiver for Windows 4.12
- macOS: Receiver for Mac 12.9.1
*At this time, only the above clients are supported by FileMaker, Inc. Other clients may work as expected but they have not been tested for use with FileMaker Pro Advanced and are not currently supported.
Peer-to-peer sharing is limited to 5 simultaneous client connections in addition to the host; each client requires a licensed copy of the software. Use FileMaker Cloud for AWS or FileMaker Server for increased security options and sharing capability.
NOTE: This feature has been deprecated in FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced. Peer-to-peer sharing is recommended for testing purposes only.
|Microsoft .NET||For Windows, FileMaker Pro Advanced and runtime solutions require Microsoft .NET framework version 4.6 or later.|
|ODBC and JDBC Client Drivers||Learn more about installing drivers to enable ODBC and JDBC clients to access FileMaker Pro Advanced data.|
|Supported email applications||FileMaker Pro Advanced can Send Mail via an email client application. To do so, you must have a supported email application installed and configured properly on your computer. See a list of supported email applications.|